Exploring is a unique career exploration program for young men and women between 10-20 years old. The program provides students with an opportunity to learn about a wide variety of career fields and network with professionals already working in those fields. You get hands-on experience to determine whether or not a particular career field is right for you. You develop valuable contacts with professionals working in your selected career field, and you get to know other youth with your same interests and aspirations.
Exploring is the first step in identifying career possibilities – all while having fun in an exciting and informal environment.
Explorer Posts and Clubs can specialize in a variety of career skills.
Exploring programs are based on five areas of emphasis: career opportunities, life skills, citizenship, character education, and leadership experience.
• Develop potential contacts that may broaden employment options
• Boost self-confidence and experience success at school and work
• Build physical and mental fitness
• Experience positive social interaction
• Encourage the skill and desire to help others
• Gain a keen respect for the basic rights of others
• Help make ethical choices
• Fulfill one’s responsibility to
society as a whole
• Acquire leadership skills to fulfill
one’s responsibilities in society